Thursday, April 16, 2009

Song of the week: Harvest moon

I guess no-one was expecting nothing like that from Neil Young. It was 1992 and for the last 15 years he had become a kind of wild rebel, angry with the world, revered for the youngs and selling less and less records. But suddenly, as his classic record 'Harvest' turned 20 years old, Young went back and wrote another beautiful record of acoustic ballads, 'Harvest Moon'. And, by far, the best of all was the title one: a track that has one of his finest melodies crafted with warm and wise lyrics about love and the pass of the time. The first time I heard it I just thought it was a good song. Now, for me, it's a classic.




Harvest Moon Unplugged - Neil Young

Xx

No comments:

What am I doing?

Take a look at my Friendfeed account / contact me at seretuaccidente(at)gmail(dot)com or illbeyouraccient(at)gmail(dot)com

Contributors

My photos

www.flickr.com