Thursday, August 19, 2010

What big companies told Behavioral Advertisers about you

I agree with Jeff Jarvis when he says that web cookies have been there for more than fifteen years, and that the advertiser have always knew things about us that we never told them. In fact that's part of the bargain: we get web content for free because we are being targeted with commercial intentions. But that doesn't make the following infographic by the Wall Street Journal less scary. It tracks the main 50 websites in the US and explains how many cookies do they install in your browser when you visit their site and who do they sell your information.





Xx

No comments:

What am I doing?

Take a look at my Friendfeed account / contact me at seretuaccidente(at)gmail(dot)com or illbeyouraccient(at)gmail(dot)com

Contributors

My photos

www.flickr.com