Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tasting Pears

Tasting pears from seretuaccidente on Vimeo.



Horrible back light, I know. Used a Flip HD + mini-spider tripod and iMovie for edit.

Can a pear be too sweet? This Comice from Safeway ($1.5) was. Not bad at all and really tasteful, but the excessive sugar killed the natural flavor. I guess it should be great with plain yogurt.

Maybe the cheapest thing I found at KFC was this Bartell pear. Just $2 per pound. A single yellow bell pepper was more expensive. Is not only that it was too green. The outside was great but you had the feeling that it had been frozen. The flavor was just decent. For decoration.

From the Farmers Market I chose one Bosc at $2.5 each pound. Just ripped. The smell is great. So is the texture. The flavor was not as expressive as the Comice but I found it better, because was far more natural. Need to get more of this.

No comments:

What am I doing?

Take a look at my Friendfeed account / contact me at seretuaccidente(at)gmail(dot)com or illbeyouraccient(at)gmail(dot)com

Contributors

My photos

www.flickr.com